By joining Prince Hall Freemasonry, you’ll be making a commitment to yourself, your Brothers, and to your community to be the best man you can be. And by taking the obligations of this ancient Fraternity, you will be joining millions of Freemasons across the globe who are also committed to helping each other develop their potential and improve the quality of life for themselves, their families, and communities.
QUALIFICATIONS TO BECOME A MEMBER
Qualifications to become a Prince Hall Freemason in Ohio you must:
- Be a man and at least 18 years of age.
- Be a citizen of Ohio.
- Be of good moral character.
- Have a personal belief in a Supreme Being.
- Decide to become a Mason of "your own free will and accord".
- Be loyal to your country.
- Dedicated to providing for your own family.
- Have a sincere determination to conduct yourself in a manner that will earn the respect and trust of others.
- Possess a desire to help others through community service and universal benevolence.
- Be of good mental and physical health, and have good control and use of your limbs.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER:
Follow these steps to become a member:
- Talk with someone you know who is a member of the Fraternity.
- If you do not know anyone who is a Mason, just contact a lodge in your neighborhood.
- Masons do not solicit for members. You'll need to express your personal interest in joining the Fraternity.
- Complete a petition for membership, obtain three signatures of members of the Lodge you are petitioning and return it to your local Lodge with your petition fees.
- Three members will meet with you to answer your questions.
- Your petition will be presented for secret ballot. If accepted, you will be notified to appear to receive the first of three Degrees of Masonry.